Hey everybody! Sorry it’s been a few days since I posted! I’ve been crafting my days away with cute upcoming projects! However, today I want to introduce Fashion Fridays. I will be posting these every other week (on the off week of Wandering Wednesdays) just so I can keep y’all coming back! 😉 Now, I am by no means a fashion expert, but hopefully these posts will help you think outside the box! I will try to include where I got each item and the price I paid, if I can remember. Below I have listed the top 5 things that you need to know about my fashion sense before we start!
1. I honestly believe I was born in the wrong decade. I’m not about crop tops and short shorts which seem to be the rage. I’m vintage to the core, and am happy to be that way.
2. I am probably going to be wearing a lot of hats. I love hats. Seriously. I have an entire wall devoted to them.
3. If I could dress like Zooey Deschanel or Audrey Hepburn every day, I probably would. They have classic style, ya know?
Isn’t that outfit adorable!?!? Zooey Deschanel for the win.
4. I try to dress modestly. Some of you might see me and ask “Why is she wearing jeans in Florida? Has this girl lost her mind?” No, I haven’t lost my mind…. well… maybe a little. 😉 But I feel that some things are meant to be covered. And I believe that just because you are being modest, doesn’t mean you have to be frumpy.
5. I am a bargain shopper. I rarely buy anything for full price. I just can’t bring myself to pay full price for something when I know that in a few weeks it’ll go on sale. The only reason I will buy something full price is if there are only a few left and I absolutely cannot live without it (which, my friends, is very rare).
So, let’s get to it!
You may be thinking, what is up with that shirt? That’s what I said when I first saw it. I almost didn’t even try it on because it’s not necessarily something I would normally wear. But I put it on and I kind of fell in love with it. The pattern is a little different, but I like it. Another thing I like about the shirt is the somewhat over-sized sleeves. I think that the sleeves give it that Laura Petrie from the Dick Van Dyke show kind of feel. And if a shirt makes you feel even half as adorable as Mary Tyler Moore you better buy it.
Shirt: Gap- Clearance $8
Jeans: CottonOn- Clearance $5
Shoes: Urban Outfitters- Clearance $15
See didn’t I tell you that I loved hats? They are just the perfect addition to almost any outfit!
Hat: Forever 21
Locket: My sweet cousin gave this to me as a gift! Thanks Jess!
Purse: Christmas gift from my wonderful dad and step-mom!- Call it Spring- $30
This is it for today’s fashion Friday! Hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful Friday!!